Here are some of our favorite ways we love to winterize our beauty regimen:
- Moisturize: It almost goes without saying to moisturize, but it’s so important we need to include it. The winter season may be wet, but it’s leaving our skin super dry. This is the time to bring out your moisturizing big guns. We love SkinMedica’s Dermal Repair because it helps prevent moisture loss and leaves our skin looking smooth.
- Hydrate: When it’s cold outside, all we want to do is cuddle up with some hot cocoa or tea, but don’t forget to get your water in too. We’ve already talked about how dry we’re feeling; it’s important to address this from the inside out, making sure we get plenty of water.
- Get some sun in: If you’re living in the Midwest or East Coast, you may think this is impossible this time of year and Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) can be a problem for the folks that can’t get their daily dose of sun in. Using a UV Therapy Lamp can help the feelings of depression associated with SAD and you don’t even have to leave your house.
- Don’t forget your sunscreen: Speaking of sun, don’t forget your sunscreen! It may seem counterintuitive, but you still need to protect your skin from UV rays even in winter. According to Robert Guida, M.D., a board-certified plastic surgeon, "Contrary to popular opinion, the Earth is actually the closest to the sun in the winter and the farthest from it in the summer,” meaning it’s even more important to remember your sunscreen. There are so many great moisturizers with SPF. We love SkinMedica’s TNS Ultimate Daily Moisturizer™!
- Get your sleep on: There’s a reason we feel the urge to cuddle in and hibernate. Winter is the time to replenish our reserves, so look to head to bed early and get extra rest. You’ll feel refreshed and look it too.