5 Tips for Beautiful Summer Skin
- Grab the SPF: It’s important to use sunscreen every day, but particularly during the summer. When considering sunscreen, look for products with 'Broad Spectrum SPF' which protects against both UVA and UVB light, and has passed the FDA's broad-spectrum test.
- Moisturize: While the skin may not be as dry as in the winter, it’s important to keep up with the moisturizer during the summer. Better yet, choose a light moisturizer that includes SPF like TNS Ultimate Daily Moisturizer.
- Hydrate: Not only is it important to keep your skin hydrated, it’s important to keep your body hydrated. Higher temperatures and more time outdoors can lead to internal dehydration, which can result in headaches and dizzy spells, so drink Eight 8-ounce glasses of plain, filtered water every day help maintain critical moisture balance of the body and skin, and assist in detoxification.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliation removes the dead, dulling skin debris to prevent congestion and improve hydration from toners and moisturizers. Dermaplaning is a safe, simple procedure which removes the dead skin cells on the face to reveal a smoother, brighter complexion.
- Repair & Treat Sun Damage: UV light causes photo-aging in the form of brown spots, coarse skin and wrinkles, whether you have burned your skin or not. Use products like SkinMedica’s TNS Recovery Complex or Lytera Skin Brightening System with Retinol Complex 0.5 that include age-fighting ingredients to help undo any damage that may occur, and to further protect it from the aging effects of UV.