So What is Collagen?
Collagen is a protein produced by our cells that helps “hold” the skin together, keeping it looking younger and giving it firmness and elasticity. When we’re young, our skin stays plump and smooth because it constantly regenerates itself. As we age, collagen production slows down. This leaves our skin lacking the firmness and suppleness we had in our youth.
Luckily, there’s lots you can do to preserve your collagen and even boost its production...
Top 5 Tips for Keeping Skin Youthful, Diminishing Lines & Boosting Collagen
- Up your vitamin C intake for young skin: A study published in the American Journal of Nutrition found women over 40 with the highest amount of vitamin C in their diet were less likely to develop wrinkles than those who consumed lower levels.
- Use Sunscreen: Sun exposure is a prime suspect for hastening collagen loss. UVA rays penetrate deep into the skin and damage the deep collagen support structures there, so make sure to use sunscreen!
- Uplevel your Skincare: Skincare products that contain retinol have been proven to help boost collagen production. SkinMedica’s Skin Brightening System will help you achieve more radiant, luminous skin with a powerful brightening system.
- Add Antioxidants: Antioxidants help protect against free radicals that can cause aging skin. SkinMedica’s TNS Essential Serum has seven antioxidants that help prevent free radical damage.
- Ultherapy: Ultherapy uses ultrasound technology to deliver targeted ultrasound energy deep within the cells of the skin, stimulating collagen production. Ultherapy is able to target specific areas - full face, brow, jawline, neck or decollage.
Taking optimal care of your skin is the best way to keep it looking youthful and vibrant. To discuss the best way to look your best, take advantage of our free consultations. Schedule with Medical Aesthetics & Wellness of CT by calling 1(860)337-2202, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or message us on Facebook to book your appointment.